About UDL Editions by CAST
UDL Editions take advantage of the flexibility of digital media to reach and engage all learners.
Leveled supports and the Texthelp Toolbar balance
challenge and support for each learner, ages 10 and up.
Select your book to get started!
Universal Design for Learning
CAST is a non-profit research and development organization dedicated to Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
UDL research demonstrates that the challenge of diversity can and must be met by making curriculum flexible and responsive to learner differences.
Drawing from brain research and using new media, the UDL framework guides educators to provide three kinds of flexibility:
- To represent information in multiple formats and media;
- To provide multiple pathways for students' strategies and expression;
- To provide multiple ways to engage students' interest and motivation
The goal of UDL is to enable all individuals to gain knowledge, skills and enthusiasm for learning.
- Leveled supports for reading strategies and author's craft
- Context-specific multimedia glossary
- Enrichment activities
- Multimedia resources for background information
- Texthelp Toolbar for text-to-speech, highlight and gather, dictionary and encyclopedia links, and translations between English and Spanish
The CAST UDL Editions website is dedicated to our programmer,
Erik Ray, a wonderful, creative, and hardworking friend and
co-worker whose kindness and quirky style will be truly missed.